Re: Multi-homed BCP38

2014-01-09 10:53:21
On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 10:43 AM, Patrik Fältström <paf(_at_)frobbit(_dot_)se>
wrote:
Not being an IP-routing person, but chair of SSAC in ICANN, I hear people for
the reasons you bring up are more in favor of a mechanism where one talk
about explicitly "filtering at the edge of the Internet" and not at every
point where routes are exchanged.

Where is "the edge"? Is there a boundary outside of your control that
you truly trust? Even if there's supposedly unbreakable filtering at
most of the edge, wouldn't you want to do your own filtering as well?

It looks like the sites John talked to are multihomed, NOT doing
routing at their edge (??), and yet wanting to filter? I don't think
you get all three of those.

Scott