答复: [mpls] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-in-udp-04.txt> (Encapsulating MPLS in UDP) to Proposed Standard

2014-01-10 11:02:37
Hi Stewart,

Thanks for that information and I will look at it.

Best regards,
Xiaohu

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: Stewart Bryant [mailto:stbryant(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com]
发送时间: 2014年1月10日 17:16
收件人: Xuxiaohu; Eggert, Lars; IETF
抄送: mpls(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
主题: Re: [mpls] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-in-udp-04.txt> (Encapsulating MPLS
in UDP) to Proposed Standard

RFC3985/6.5.  Congestion Considerations
may have some useful text.

We have a lot of deployment experience with PWs and frankly I have never seen
a congestion complain raised from the field.

Stewart

On 10/01/2014 03:46, Xuxiaohu wrote:
Hi Lars,

Thanks a lot for your comments.

I wonder whether the following modified text for Congestion Consideration
section is OK from your point of view:

Since the MPLS-in-UDP encapsulation causes MPLS packets to be forwarded
through "UDP tunnels", the congestion control guidelines for UDP tunnels as
defined in Section 3.1.3 of [RFC5405] SHOULD be followed. Specifically, MPLS
can carry a number of different protocols as payloads. When the payload
traffic
is IP-based and congestion-controlled, the UDP tunnel SHOULD NOT employ its
own congestion control mechanism, because congestion losses of tunneled
traffic will already trigger an appropriate congestion response at the
original
senders of the tunneled traffic. When the payload traffic is not known to be
IP-based, or is known to be IP-based but not congestion-controlled, the UDP
tunnel SHOULD employ an appropriate congestion control mechanism.
Furthermore, because UDP tunnels are usually bulk-transfer applications as far
as the intermediate routers are concerned, the guidelines as defined in
Section
3.1.1 of [RFC5405] SHOULD apply.

Best regards,
Xiaohu