Re: draft-farrell-perpass-attack architecture issue

2014-01-13 14:33:08
On 1/13/2014 12:27 PM, Stephen Kent wrote:

Although I like including a good example, I worry that this example is
too narrow and may send the wrong message. I suggest using the rest of
Sam's text for para 2, but eliding the DNS example. (I say this because
a protocol may make use of the DNS in a way that I would not consider
to be "storing" info there, on behalf of the protocol.)

For a topic this broad and this poorly understood -- poorly understood by me and folk like me, at least -- what I take from this exchange is that examples either need to demonstrate the richness and even nuance of concerns or else they need to be absent.

That is, there need to be a collection of examples that touch different parts of the space -- sufficiently to show how varied and challenging the space is -- or else the level of detail represented by examples needs to be deferred to a discussion piece.

Single, simple examples make sense for narrow, simple issues. This one ain't that.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking