Re: draft-farrell-perpass-attack architecture issue

2014-01-14 13:33:35
"Scott" == Scott Brim <scott(_dot_)brim(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> writes:

    Scott> OK, if we're going to get stuck on the example, we should
    Scott> take it out.  As Sam said, it's the least necessary part.

    Scott> I still think the phrase in the first sentence "including
    Scott> which existing technology is re-used" could be better.

Yeah, let's lose the example at this point.

I disagree with Eliot: I don't think the general statement is a truism
especially not in a BCP.
In particular we're:

* saying what point in the process you need to evaluate the
  architectural implications on your ability to   mittigate pervasive
  monitoring

* Reminding people to get appropriate review

* Indicating that PM needs to be considered at the architectural
  decision level, not just late in the process.

I believe all that is important in a BCP, and strongly support that sort
of statement being in a BCP now.
I definitely don't want to see the example used as an argument against
BCP so let's lose it.