Re: draft-farrell-perpass-attack architecture issue

2014-01-15 11:02:13
On 1/14/2014 1:02 PM, Scott Brim wrote:
The point of the paragraph is to declare PM to be something that
should be considered at architecture time, i.e. early in the design
process,

Over the years, my own interest in the potential influence of security concerns in protocol development work has been less due to security benefits -- not that those aren't important -- but due to the increased discipline it ought to require in the development process.

Note that I said 'ought'. Working groups are pretty erratic about doing architecture initially, then followed by details. Not never, but also far from always.

In other words, a nice unintended consequence of PM concerns might be to press more regularly for that early, clear architecture work, if only to get that early, clear PM consideration...

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking