Re: Gen-Art telechat review of draft-farrell-perpass-attack-04

2014-01-23 15:32:33
"Scott" == Scott Brim <scott(_dot_)brim(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> writes:

    Scott> Being ready to explain decisions (or positions) is fine. The
    Scott> problem was the word "justify". When do we know that a
    Scott> decision is justified?  Who decides? That's an undefined
    Scott> metric. WG decisions are explained, and critiqued, all the
    Scott> time, by everyone.

I view justify and explain as synonyms in the text I proposed.
If people are OK with explain but not justify, I would support
publication of the document with that substitution.

I realize I may be in the rough regardless; I'm just stating my position
in case it is useful to those making a consensus call.

my problem is that by removing justify and not replacing it with
something like explain, then I see that as an active failure to get
consensus that a WG should have to (explain|justify--remember I don't
see a difference) the perpass implications of its architecture.
Without community agreement in favor of that, I think we have no
meaningful commitment to perpass mittigation.