Re: [mpls] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-in-udp-04.txt> (Encapsulating MPLS in UDP) to Proposed Standard

2014-01-24 16:13:54

On 01/23/2014 06:07 PM, Alia Atlas wrote:
I don't want to get in the way of vehement discussion, but I thought we were on the verge of finding an actual solution...

IMHO, that was a combination of an applicability statement, using SHOULD for congestion control and checksum, and defining a longer-term OAM-based approach (as Stewart Bryant suggested) to be able to verify that packet corruption or excessive drops aren't happening.

Does that sound like an acceptable set?

Alia, I certainly hope so (speaking as an individual), and I appreciate you conjuring up the specter of an applicability statement (speaking as TSV AD).

I expect to find that helpful.

Spencer