Re: When is an idea a good idea?

2014-01-30 11:41:02
On 1/29/2014 9:56 PM, Fred Baker (fred) wrote:
Speaking for myself, I expect any solution that exists to be used on the open
Internet.

Including DHCP and OSPF?

The point that efforts, which start with a limited usage scope, typically expand to the open Internet is an important one. Moving from open Internet to controlled intranet is typically pretty easy, because the latter is faster and maybe more reliable. Moving in the reverse direction is typically disastrous.

However the counter-examples I'm suggesting demonstrate that there really are legitimate cases of declaring limited scope as part of he design effort.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking