Re: [mpls] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-in-udp-04.txt> (Encapsulating MPLS in UDP) to Proposed Standard

2014-01-30 13:30:17
I think we agree that if the router needs faster, then the router gets faster.

Where we disagree is whether the "bull in the china shop" gets to ignore the rules of the road to get what it wants.

I.e., I won't disagree on what router vendors want or what they're willing to support (though I will disagree on what hardware can do, based on experience).

I will disagree that routers get to run roughshod over the rest of us to do it.

Simple solution -- don't use UDP.

Joe