Re: Proposed Changes to IAOC Communications Plan; Request for Community Input

2014-02-05 22:49:25

On Thu, 6 Feb 2014, Randy Bush wrote:

B.  Proposed Additions to the Plan

 5.4.1 Subpoenas and Other Legal Requests

 All subpoenas and other legal requests received by the IAOC
 or the IETF will be published on the IAOC website together
 with their responses.

 Reason for Change:  Greater transparency.
Some such requests may include the requirement that they not be
revealed.

they should be rejected out of hand.  "we can not read your email"

Does that work for National Security Letters too?

i was thinking of them specifically.  and yes, i have gone to jail for
my political beliefs in the past and would do so again.

As an individual, I laud your willingness to do that, but we can't
ask our administrative staff or volunteer leaders to do that as
a matter of policy. Nor do I think we can afford the legal costs
associated with a court battle.