Re: you can lead a horse to water, was Revision to Note Well

2014-02-10 10:27:12
This is a healthy discussion.  However, if you really care about these
issues (i.e., what constitutes "participation" in an IETF discussion for
purposes of triggering an IPR disclosure) then debating it in the context
of the "Note Well" language is, to put it mildly, a waste of time.  The
actual "rules" that govern this issue are contained in BCP79, ...

I leared a long time ago that it is futile to try to make people pay
attention when they don't want to.  (Any parent of a teenager or of a
toddler can confirm this.)  So I don't see much point in a notice
beyond something like this:

                       This is an IETF meeting.

     The rules you agreed to when you registered, including those
      about conduct and about intellectual property apply here.

R's,
John