Re: Revision to Note Well (some history) - updated

2014-02-08 09:22:25
On 2/7/2014 8:34 PM, Jorge Contreras wrote:
The original idea for the Note Well (at least *my* original idea)
wasthat it should simply be a pointer to the IETF IPR policy
This being said, there has been a strong desire by many to have a
summary statement that also serves as a pointer to the real policy.
  That's what the current Note Well is supposed to be.  It is NOT a
statement of the IETF's IPR rules.

Jorge,

You might have noticed that there is currently also quite a strong
concern by many that the approach that has been taken by the Note Well
invites confusion or, at least, arguments of confusion.

I believe that that line of concern leads to exactly what you originally
proposed.

That's why I just circulated some text that says nothing about the
substance of IETF IPR, but makes strong statements about participant
obligations.

d/

--
Dave Crocker