Re: [sidr] Last Call: <draft-ietf-sidr-policy-qualifiers-01.txt> (Policy Qualifiers in RPKI Certificates) to Proposed Standard

2014-02-12 17:10:36
Whilst I agree it has no operational consequence for current relying party
code, or consumers of the products of certificates embedded in online
systems, I don't agree with Randy's or Rob's conclusions regarding the
desirability or risks of this feature.

I think this is a useful addition to the qualities of information in a
certificate, and I support its status.

Since the drivers are non-operational, I don't feel it useful to try and
suggest there are any. I also think that should not preclude the adoption
of this requirement in certificates.

This is a documentation and risk-minimisation process which makes layer-9
happy.

-George