Re: calls for discussion

2014-02-12 17:05:59
Its a long time since I attended a WG where the simple formalisms of "read
the drafts" and "if not participating, please sit at the back" got applied.

I don't feel objectified being combed out like this, It gives me comfort I
can 'audit' a session without impeding real work, and it makes it clearer
the obligations on me if I chose to speak to the mike, ill prepared.

I realize the best course would be not to be in the room if not able to
contribute, but you will (I hope) understand that being close to a meeting
with potential for interest is hard to subsume. Hence, my suggestion more
WG chairs actively canvas who in the room CAN meaningfully discuss, and
prioritize seating accordingly (or at least suggest it)

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 8:17 AM, <l(_dot_)wood(_at_)surrey(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk>