RE: calls for discussion

2014-02-12 06:12:42
Can you put together some powerpoints on it for the meeting? About five minutes
or so?

It's looking to be a busy session, though. Not sure we'll have time for
questions.

Lloyd Wood
http://about.me/lloydwood
From: ietf [ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Dave Cridland
[dave(_at_)cridland(_dot_)net]
Sent: 12 February 2014 08:02
To: Randy Bush
Cc: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org Discussion
Subject: Re: calls for discussion

Sorry, I've not had a chance to read your mail, but perhaps we could discuss it
in the session in London?

On 12 Feb 2014 07:37, "Randy Bush"
<randy(_at_)psg(_dot_)com<mailto:randy(_at_)psg(_dot_)com>> wrote:
maybe the result would be slightly improved if chairs did not call
for presentations at wg meetings, but instead called for items
needing face to face discussion?
I try but it's an uphill struggle.  I'm hoping against hope that one
of the things that comes out of the wg chairs training session on
consensus is a better understanding of why this is such a big deal.

we waste immense amounts of time of the literate in a hopeless attempt
to insert clue into the lazy or illiterate.

just say a hard no to "i want to present draft-..."  has your draft been
discussed on the mailing list and has shown serious divergence of views
such that facetime is really needed?

randy