Re: Some Comments for Tutorial slides presented in IETF 89

2014-03-05 08:21:09
Regarding the 5-year review of the area structure - I believe the IESG makes
the decision of how it organises the areas, number of ADs, and so on -
obviously any bigger change would be extensively discussed with the community
as well. We did that when RAI was added, for instance.

Although I don't think we'd wait for the next 5-year review if an issue came
up. We'd try to deal with it there and then.

And just for the record, we do continuously discuss potential changes and the
need for them. We have been discussing whether there are potential structural
changes to the IESG that would help attract more future candidates, lower AD
workload, for instance. (But that has been a difficult answer to find. So far
one of the conclusions seems to be that adding more ADs will not help that
problem.)

Jari