Re: AB's comments on April Fools RFCs (was Call for Review of draft-iab-styleguide-01.txt, "RFC Style Guide")

2014-03-07 09:58:24
jari:

As we discussed in the IESG open mic session at the plenary last
night, it's not appropriate to call people trolls, or anything else.
If you think someone's comments are not helpful, address that. It's
not appropriate to argue the person behind the comment.

point taken and apologies.  my posting was ad hominem.

but i think we have a problem where a poster is *repeatedly* causing
massive useless discussion which overwhelms the useful content of the
list.  as their postings are probably well intended, asking to censor
them would be harsh.  asking folk not to be drawn into the response
cycle is not simple.

randy