Re: AB's comments on April Fools RFCs (was Call for Review of draft-iab-styleguide-01.txt, "RFC Style Guide")

2014-03-07 10:37:45
On 3/7/2014 4:24 PM, Jari Arkko wrote:
discussion which overwhelms the useful content
I certainly agree that we have such discussions. That is also something that
deserves attention and in some cases action (even though, as you point out, the
options are not easy).

As was noted to me about this continuing and real issue about unproductive postings, this is another case that lends itself to focusing on the substance rather than the person.

In this case it is the thread itself that is the substance, rather than a technical item.

So, for example:

Folks, this thread is repetitious and does not appear to have any productive content. Please stop congesting the list with postings on this thread.

In fact, wg chairs or list moderators sometimes explicitly declare a thread closed. Any of us can make a public request to the same effect.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking