Re: IAOC Seeks Community Input on IETF Website Revamp SOW

2014-03-23 11:05:09
On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 07:05:03PM -0400, Dale R. Worley wrote:
From: "Adrian Farrel" <adrian(_at_)olddog(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>

Something that is very important to me is that the site work on very low b/w
links without either taking a long time to load or chewing precious
capacity.

Isn't this really required by the principle that the IETF attempts to
be accessible to people in areas that aren't serviced by the most
advanced technology?  I don't know if there are any countries any more
that are connected by a 9600 baud link, but there are probably some
cities that still are.

This is true even for people in areas that ARE serviced by the most
advanced technology: usurious charges for wireless bandwidth are,
unfortunately, common.  So frugality of design and cache friendliness
are highly desirable goals.

---rsk