Re: IAOC Seeks Community Input on IETF Website Revamp SOW

2014-03-23 05:23:00
On 2014-3-23, at 11:01, Randy Bush <randy(_at_)psg(_dot_)com> wrote:
small screens are a good point, in many cultures phones etc. are the
main mode of internet access.  not sure what a clean, modern look and
feel is, but that may just be my age showing.  what about the trade-off
between density and having to do more clickivation to get where you want
to go?  i am on the dense side, probably because i have become used to
japan's high visual density, and i kinda hate lots of clicking and page

It's a tradeoff. Pinch-zooming and flicking around pages that render to a
desktop viewport makes mobile use painful. On the other hand, making all UI
elements touch-ready wastes a lot of screen real estate.

My suggestion would be that the current web logs are mined in order to identify
the elements that are most commonly interacted with by site visitors, and we
focus on making them easily usable on small screens.

Lars

PS: For the datatracker, which has much more interaction options, this will
both be more difficult and more important.