Re: IAOC Seeks Community Input on IETF Website Revamp SOW

2014-03-20 12:34:08
Ted,

On 21/03/2014 00:42, Ted Lemon wrote:
BTW, my wife is a professional web designer, has a horror of Flash, and seems
to design pretty nice, spare, usable sites.   And she usually takes advantage
of work other web designers have released into the public domain in order to
do this.   I think it's important that we be clear about what we want, and
any lack of clarity in the SOW should be addressed.   That is, after all, why
we were asked to review it.   But I do object to characterizations of web
designers as a class being irresponsible children who cannot be trusted to
produce a usable site when asked to do so and given a clear spec.

Yes, it is the SOW we're supposed to be discussing, and my point is not
that all web designers are bad, but that we must indeed produce
a clear spec that will select the kind of designer we need.

I certainly apologise if I seemed to insult the entirety
of web designers.