Re: IAOC Seeks Community Input on IETF Website Revamp SOW

2014-03-19 15:11:05
From: "t.p." <daedulus(_at_)btconnect(_dot_)com>

I was concerned when I first heard of this that it would result in a
website that would call for flashy software on a gee-whiz device to
be able to carry on participating in the work of the IETF.  I note,
however, that while the SOW talks of getting the work done, the SOW is
limited to www.ietf.org.  Checking History, I find I last used that when
planning to attend IETF89 and before that, I cannot recall when.

So if www.ietf.og was made gee-whiz and flashy, it would not affect me;

I'm not entirely sure what you're saying, but if it means that somehow
the "main" web site and the "datatracker" become even more
disconnected, that's not good at all.  Currently, the distinction
regarding what is on one and the other seems to be nearly arbitrary,
and it's constantly getting in my way when I try to find information.

Dale