Someone should do some work (was Re: RFC 7168 on The Hyper Text Coffee Pot Control Protocol for Tea Efflux Appliances (HTCPCP-TEA))

2014-04-02 19:42:18
On Wed, Apr 02, 2014 at 08:01:52PM -0400, John C Klensin wrote:
(and others that should know better), is pretty clearly not tea
but it is less clear whether it is not-tea or not.

There is evidently an opportunity for an intuitionistic state machine
here.  In intuitionism, as I'm sure everyone is fully aware, the law
of excluded middle and double-negation are both rejected as axioms
(mostly because of the principle of constructive provability.
Intuitionism is not a 2-value logic, and may not be a finite-value
logic).

I think it would be fun to write ABNF for this system.  Or more
exactly, I think it would be fun if someone else did that.

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs(_at_)anvilwalrusden(_dot_)com