RE: RFC 7168 on The Hyper Text Coffee Pot Control Protocol for Tea Efflux Appliances (HTCPCP-TEA)

2014-04-08 00:10:14
George Orwell: A Nice Cup of Tea, 12 Jan 1946
http://www.booksatoz.com/witsend/tea/orwell.htm

is often cited as the correct _English_ way to take tea. No sugar.

Lloyd Wood
http://about.me/lloydwood

sure, why not take your dietary advice from someone who died at the age of 46?
From: ietf [ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Randall Gellens
[randy(_at_)qti(_dot_)qualcomm(_dot_)com]
Sent: 08 April 2014 05:17
To: Ole Jacobsen; Rgd.ietf
Cc: IETF Discussion
Subject: Re: RFC 7168 on The Hyper Text Coffee Pot Control Protocol for Tea
Efflux Appliances (HTCPCP-TEA)

At 8:16 PM -0700 4/1/14, Ole Jacobsen wrote:

 Sat-too-long-and-is-still-hot is, if I recall, known as "stewed"
and anyone responsible faces possible deportation from the UK. A
very serious matter indeed, almost as serious as refusing to obey
the rules of a queue.

Sitting and steeping are orthogonal, provided the tea preparation
apparatus has a method to arrest steepage (e.g., a Chatsford tea pot
with large-basket mesh infuser that one simply lifts out after the
appropriate interval).  However, my understanding was that the
customary way to prepare British-style tea is to leave the leaves in
all day, providing a strongly tannic tea which is better suited to
copious milk and sugar.

--
Randall Gellens
He hadn't a single redeeming vice.