Re: RFC 7168 on The Hyper Text Coffee Pot Control Protocol for Tea Efflux Appliances (HTCPCP-TEA)

2014-04-07 23:26:19
At 8:16 PM -0700 4/1/14, Ole Jacobsen wrote:

Sat-too-long-and-is-still-hot is, if I recall, known as "stewed" and anyone responsible faces possible deportation from the UK. A very serious matter indeed, almost as serious as refusing to obey the rules of a queue.

Sitting and steeping are orthogonal, provided the tea preparation apparatus has a method to arrest steepage (e.g., a Chatsford tea pot with large-basket mesh infuser that one simply lifts out after the appropriate interval). However, my understanding was that the customary way to prepare British-style tea is to leave the leaves in all day, providing a strongly tannic tea which is better suited to copious milk and sugar.

--
Randall Gellens
He hadn't a single redeeming vice.