Re: Security for various IETF services

2014-04-04 08:15:48
On Apr 4, 2014, at 4:48 AM, t.p. <daedulus(_at_)btconnect(_dot_)com> wrote:
Setting up a TLS session takes time; I notice every time I access
e-mail, ever since my ISP required the use of TLS.   It is only a few
seconds,

Whaaat?   It takes a few SECONDS for your MUA to set up a TLS connection?
Something is broken.   This is not a TLS problem.  It's probably either a load
problem on your IMAP store, or bufferbloat on your network causing unreasonable
round trip times—if your RTT to the IMAP store is 1000ms, then sure, it could
take a couple of seconds to set up a TLS connection.

Similarly, if there's a bug in IETF's CRL support, that should be fixed
regardless of the ultimate outcome of this discussion.