Re: Security for various IETF services

2014-04-04 14:50:09
Hi Dick,

Everyone else has already touch based with the same issues. I'm pointing out there are legal, business related regulations to be followed making it well understood, it (modern security methods) may be mandatory in certain "new service" areas. If not, then never mind. If so, Stephen asked about the last sentence:

  New services will however generally only be made
  available in ways that use security protocols such as
  TLS.

If it is not already implied, I thought it may help with some specific admonition as to why it will only be made available in a secured way. It says TLS. Anything else? A draft suggestion only, additional sentence:

  There are areas at the IETF site that may require updated, modern
  security-aware connection client access software to be used
  as required for industry compliance standards, e.g.; PCI/DSS.

Nothing to do with PR, but it doesn't hurt either.

Thanks

--
HLS