RE: RFC 7168 on The Hyper Text Coffee Pot Control Protocol for Tea Efflux Appliances (HTCPCP-TEA)

2014-04-09 23:42:53
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/boil-the-ocean.asp

In my experience, side-effects of security are generally
unintentional - to be intentional, they'd first have to be
understood by the security people, and of any interest to
them.

Lloyd Wood
http://about.me/lloydwood
From: Randall Gellens [randy(_at_)qti(_dot_)qualcomm(_dot_)com]
Sent: 10 April 2014 05:28
To: Wood L  Dr (Electronic Eng); randy(_at_)qti(_dot_)qualcomm(_dot_)com;
elwynd(_at_)dial(_dot_)pipex(_dot_)com; agmalis(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com
Cc: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: RE: RFC 7168 on The Hyper Text Coffee Pot Control Protocol for Tea
Efflux Appliances (HTCPCP-TEA)

At 5:07 AM +0100 4/10/14, <l(_dot_)wood(_at_)surrey(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk> wrote:

 Crypto requires increased processing power, requiring more energy,
producing more waste heat.

 So, yes, it is a contributing factor to global warming. Crypto is
red or black. It isn't green.

I think you misunderstood me.  I didn't ask if global warming was a
side-effect of security, I asked if global warming was an intentional
security effort, as part of the plan to boil the ocean.

 Whatever the sun does in terms of output (e.g. Maunder minimum)
dwarfs this and many other man-made contributing factors, of course.

 Lloyd Wood
 http://about.me/lloydwood