Re: DMARC: perspectives from a listadmin of large open-source lists

2014-04-14 12:29:11
On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 7:57 PM, Miles Fidelman
<mfidelman(_at_)meetinghouse(_dot_)net>wrote:

It strikes me that the real way to address some of these issues is to add
a few new headers to SMTP - to get rid of the overloading of the From: and
would absorb some of the well-known and well-understood functions of list
software.

[...]

I made that same suggestion on a different list.  It seems as if that
suggestion was made long ago and the debate reached "religious"
proportions.  One of the usual answers emerged, which was that it'll take
forever to get this deployed with sufficient ubiquity as to be helpful.

I'm guessing that means we shouldn't try.

-MSK