Re: What I've been wondering about the DMARC problem

2014-04-21 18:11:49
On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 11:42 AM, Ned Freed
<ned(_dot_)freed(_at_)mrochek(_dot_)com> wrote:

If you say so, but I can't think of an example off the top of my head.

What planet are you on? I get mail with intentionally invalid From: fields
all
the time. The domain usuall (but not always) exists, but the mailbox
returns an
error.

Rudeness aside, I'm on a planet where I can't remember the last time I got
a message where the stuff after the "@" was a domain name that doesn't
exist.  Maybe you get them, but I don't.  Sorry to burst your blustery
bubble.

And have you bothered to read what I actually said, you would have noticed that
my statement and your "bubble burster" are not very far apart. To repeat, I
said that in my experience "the domain usually (but not always) exists".

You might also want to consider that people have implemented the .invalid hack.
I'm not hearing any reports of widespread message rejection because of it. Are
you?

                                Ned