Re: What I've been wondering about the DMARC problem

2014-04-21 15:48:57
On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 11:42 AM, Ned Freed
<ned(_dot_)freed(_at_)mrochek(_dot_)com> wrote:

If you say so, but I can't think of an example off the top of my head.

What planet are you on? I get mail with intentionally invalid From: fields
all
the time. The domain usuall (but not always) exists, but the mailbox
returns an
error.

Rudeness aside, I'm on a planet where I can't remember the last time I got
a message where the stuff after the "@" was a domain name that doesn't
exist.  Maybe you get them, but I don't.  Sorry to burst your blustery
bubble.

I also get mail that says something like "this goes to a mailbox that's
unmonitored" somewhere in the message. But rather less of that.

Yes, I get those too.

-MSK