Re: DMARC from the perspective of the listadmin of a bunch of SMALL community lists

2014-04-24 18:30:26
Martin,

Martin Rex wrote:
In case you didn't know or realize, what DMARC specifies for p=reject
is actually a real felony crime in Germany (no kidding!), and this may
apply to all over Europe (since the basic idea was spread out all over
europe with a EU directive), unless each individual receipient(!!) has
explicitly opted-in for this to happen.  It should be fairly easy
to get a cease-and-desist order against European ISPs for blocking
EMail on DMARC p=reject.

Can you provide a legal citation?  That would be really cool!

From where I sit, it also looks like a violation of the US Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (effectively, knowingly causing damage to other systems - which has been applied to DDoS attacks). But I haven't heard any lawyers or prosecutors stand up and confirm that.

Miles Fidelman