Re: Will mailing lists survive DMARC?

2014-04-29 13:05:42

On 29 apr 2014, at 18:25, S Moonesamy <sm+ietf(_at_)elandsys(_dot_)com> wrote:

At 05:55 29-04-2014, Patrik Fältström wrote:
The problem exists if A is publishing such a policy, B is acknowledging the
policy, B is generating a bounce, and the bounce is hitting the mailing list
provider.

I do not understand why a bounce should be generated (and not the incoming
mail to B would be tagged as spam and/or null-routed).

I posted a simplified example of the problem at
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg87286.html Silently
dropping messages (null-routed) creates mail blackholes.

Yes, correct, but I already see lots of this.

I.e. just like any >N points in spamassassin.

Anyway, I do now understand the issue and thank everyone that onlist and
offlist have explained the issue to me.

   Patrik