Re: Last Call: <draft-iab-2870bis-01.txt> (DNS Root Name Service Protocol and Deployment Requirements) to Best Current Practice

2014-05-30 12:27:06

On 30 maj 2014, at 19:17, David Conrad <drc(_at_)virtualized(_dot_)org> wrote:

But past failures in enforcement
should not deter the IETF of setting the requirements the IETF deems
necessary for the correct operation of the Internet.

I guess I just don't see the point. I suppose it doesn't really do any harm,
but as Patrik states, it isn't going to have any impact so why bother?

Because without documents like these there will be no chance what so ever of
having someone hitting the root server operator(s?) in the head with it.

   Patrik