Fwd: Re: [Internet Policy] root justification for net neutrality?

2014-06-01 16:13:54

the internet access must be free,  as the oxygen breathing, the proposition
that Internet could be provided as a public service and funded through taxes
is not very correct because  most part of the world population suffers from
taxes or already are  overtaxed, all of us know about the quality of public
services,  nowadays most public services are privatized . in the end internet
services will be reprivatized again.
I think there should be a tax on each internet financial transaction not on the
client side but on the side of companies,  we all days  heard about internet
money  and the expononcial number of bilion.
peering is greet solution for reducing cost of internet.

Mohammed Serrhini
Morocco chapter

-------- Пересылаемое сообщение --------
От кого: David Collier-Brown <davec-b(_at_)rogers(_dot_)com>
Кому: internetpolicy(_at_)elists(_dot_)isoc(_dot_)org
Дата: Fri, 30 May 2014 20:38:32 -0400
Тема: Re: [Internet Policy] root justification for net neutrality?

May I speculate that access is cheap enough that it can be treated as a
universal good, much like light-houses.

Universals are beneficial to everyone, but cost so little per benefit
that it's hard to figure out how to charge for them.  Lighthouses are
the classic example, and are the very first thing that the government of
the United States built...

--dave