Re: Coordination Group Members for the Transition of NTIA's Stewardship of the IANA Functions

2014-06-09 03:15:33
Hello,

I think that John Klensin raised some valid points.

At 08:49 07-06-2014, John C Klensin wrote:
Perhaps it is the best we can do, but, especially since members
of that committee represent themselves once appointed, I think
it would be wise for the IETF to publicly note the issues and
create some distance from this process.  That would be
especially important if "we" eventually conclude that we have to
reject its final conclusion/ recommendations.

The "best we can do" will be scrutinized and might highlight IETF internal issues. The pessimistic outlook is that the process will be controversial. Should the IETF be entangled in all that? It would be worthwhile to consider whether the IETF would like to have the ability to say "we disagree" and how it would be able to exercise that option when it is actively involved in the process.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy