RE: RFC compliance and the European Parliament

2014-06-09 15:27:52
Hi Erik,
At 12:39 09-06-2014, JOSEFSSON Erik wrote:
Thank you for placing my call in the right context. I hope this list <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org> allows me to reply without subscribing first. If not, please advice on how to subscribe.

Assuming I was already subscribed, the problem is the following: If anyone else working in the EP is subscribed to this list with his @europarl mail address, he will never receive this email. That's it.

Yes.

The request asks for the documentation of the reasons for this fact, or more precisely, access to all documents relating to the EP's policies and server settings for interacting with RFC 5321 compliant mailing lists.

No such documentation has been provided by the EP.

We are preparing a follow-up request here:

http://pad.epfsug.eu/p/epfsug-eod-emailrfccompliance

Grateful for any help and comments on the pad.

I am not a citizen of the European Union. I hope that explains why I consider it as inappropriate of me to argue in favor or against EP's policies. I'll comment about RFC compliance. If there is an interoperability issue the first question that arises is what standards (in this case RFCs) does the server comply with. It may be less difficult to get an answer if the question is clear, i.e. not discussing about mailing lists.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy