Re: [saag] Fwd: Last Call: <draft-dukhovni-opportunistic-security-01.txt> (Opportunistic Security: some protection most of the time) to Informational RFC

2014-07-08 12:55:13
I didn't see the post on the main list, but my view is that this doc needs to be handled in SAAG. I do not support its moving forward as an individual draft.

Joe

On 7/8/2014 8:34 AM, Stephen Farrell wrote:

IETF LC started as promised.

Cheers,
S.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Last Call: <draft-dukhovni-opportunistic-security-01.txt>
(Opportunistic Security: some protection most of the time) to
Informational RFC
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2014 08:09:40 -0700
From: The IESG <iesg-secretary(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
To: IETF-Announce <ietf-announce(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Opportunistic Security: some protection most of the time'
   <draft-dukhovni-opportunistic-security-01.txt> as Informational RFC

ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org mailing lists by 2014-08-05. Exceptionally, comments
may be
sent to iesg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org instead. In either case, please retain the

Abstract

    This memo defines the term "opportunistic security".  In contrast to
    the established approach of delivering strong protection some of the
    time, opportunistic security strives to deliver at least some
    protection most of the time.  The primary goal is therefore broad
    interoperability, with security policy tailored to the capabilities
    of peer systems.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dukhovni-opportunistic-security/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dukhovni-opportunistic-security/ballot/

This document and a predecessor have been the subject of discussion
on the saag mailing list. [1]

     [1] https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/saag/current/maillist.html