Re: [saag] Fwd: Last Call: <draft-dukhovni-opportunistic-security-01.txt> (Opportunistic Security: some protection most of the time) to Informational RFC

2014-07-09 07:58:01
On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 1:51 PM, Michael Richardson
<mcr+ietf(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca>
wrote:

Nico Williams <nico(_at_)cryptonector(_dot_)com> wrote:
    >  - The individual submission track exists in part for just this sort
of
    > I-D.

I think that is actually an AD-sponsored draft, which is a different stream
again (with less friction).

I think Individual Submission and AD-sponsored are the same thing.  Perhaps
you're thinking of Independent Submissions?

If this has been thoroughly discussed in SAAG (I haven't checked) but
doesn't have a working group, then the Individual route is absolutely the
right way to go.  The alternative is a route that doesn't have IETF
consensus, which strikes me as just wrong here.

-MSK