RE: [secdir] Security review of draft-ietf-pce-questions-06

2014-07-10 10:56:01
Hannes,

You can say what you like, but I would appreciate not being misquoted on serious
matters even in jest.

Yes, you cut from my email correctly. Then you entirely missed the point and
reworded differently. That is neither helpful nor constructive. Doing so in a
sarcastic or caustic manner is not good for the atmosphere on this list.

From time to time people complain to me (as AD, I'm an author for this
document)
about the tone on this list and the way it harms participation of newcomers.
Please don't put yourself into that category.

Adrian

-----Original Message-----
From: Hannes Tschofenig [mailto:hannes(_dot_)tschofenig(_at_)gmx(_dot_)net]
Sent: 09 July 2014 10:06
To: adrian(_at_)olddog(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk; 'Ben Laurie'; 'IETF Discussion
List'; secdir(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Cc: iesg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [secdir] Security review of draft-ietf-pce-questions-06

On 07/09/2014 10:55 AM, Adrian Farrel wrote:
I would be pretty loathe to add security text to each section in this
document: I
think that would make the document heavy and less likely to be read by its
intended consumers

I like that one.

I think I will quote you in the future as someone who had said

"Adding security text to a specification makes the document heavy and
less likely to be read by its intended consumers."

Ciao
Hannes