IANAPLAN

2014-07-12 20:55:17
I wanted to draw attention to one of the meetings at IETF-90: The IANAPLAN
session.

This meeting will discuss the transition of NTIA’s stewardship of the IANA
functions to the global Internet community, including the IETF. What is needed
from the IETF, or are the RFCs, agreements, and procedures that have evolved in
this space during the last 15 years already sufficient?

The goal is to employ this forum for determining the eventual IETF opinion on
this matter. Our intent is also that IANAPLAN will form a working group that
will last until the transition is complete. In our organisation the IAB has the
responsibility for oversight of the IANA relationship, so it is expected that
the IAB and the IANA Program are heavily involved in this discussion.

Please join the meeting on Thursday, July 24, 0900-1130 in Ballroom, or attend
remotely. We have also started discussion on the list at
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ianaplan so please join that as well.

The session is chaired by Andrew Sullivan and Marc Blanchet (thank you!).

Jari Arkko
IETF Chair