Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-appsawg-nullmx-05.txt> (A NULL MX Resource Record for Domains that Accept No Mail) to Proposed Standard

2014-07-18 07:43:06
Ted Lemon <ted(_dot_)lemon(_at_)nominum(_dot_)com> wrote:

I must be missing something here.  You're saying you want me to set up a
null MX for all my hosts to prevent someone else's MTA having
undeliverable mail sitting in the queue for a week?  Why would I care
about your MTA's queue?  Why would this issue even be on my radar?

More likely you want to avoid undeliverable mail on your own mail server
queues, so that you don't get complaints from your users about mail
disappearing.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/
FitzRoy: Cyclonic 4 or 5, increasing 6 at times. Moderate. Thundery showers.