Re: summary for Last Call: <draft-ietf-appsawg-nullmx-05.txt> (A Null MX Resource Record for Domains that Accept No Mail) to Proposed Standard

2014-07-18 14:25:23
Which is what I was trying to say; this really deserves a new 5.4.x code.
As for text, how about:

X.4.8 Destination does not accept mail

        The directory server has returned an indication that the
        next hop is incapable of accepting mail.

        In the case of a DNS lookup, this can be indicated through the
        use of a null MX entry [this rfc].

OK with me if it's OK with everyone else.

Meta-question: this code would presumably also apply for domains that don't exist or have no records (NXDOMAIN or NOERROR with no answers.) I am not eager to do yet another draft, but it's more generally applicable than for null MX.

Regards,