Re: [saag] Protocol Design Pattern (was Re: Last Call: <draft-dukhovni-opportunistic-security-01.txt>)

2014-08-19 14:06:28
I'm happy to see that Steve's proposal shares a fair bit of structure with
the changes I have been making, in particular the breakdown into
"determine the peer's capabilities" and then "figure out what to actually
do given that information", which I think is key to helping readers
understand things.

Steve is being very aggressive about reducing verbosity; I'll need a
closer read to see how much of that I agree with.

One thing that I do see from a quick skim is the change to "Opportunistic
Crypto-Security (OCS)" instead of the existing "Opportunistic Security".
I don't think that Viktor (or the group) is likely to adopt that without
the sense that we have a consensus for that term.

Thanks for the rewrite, I look forward to reading it more carefully.
(And thanks as well to Dave for the diff, it is handy.)

-Ben