Re: Call for Review of draft-iab-smart-object-architecture-04.txt, "Architectural Considerations in Smart Object Networking"

2014-08-30 16:08:13

George, Wes <wesley(_dot_)george(_at_)twcable(_dot_)com> wrote:
    > I don't believe that smart object networking is viable at any real scale
    > without IPv6. There simply aren't enough addresses, even taking into
    > account RFC1918. I see this *today* in my own network with deployments

I read the document before the thread replying.
I agree with you, to the point where I didn't think any smart object systems
could operate without IPv6.  In other words, I assumed every instance of "IP"
meant "IPv6"
(I also wondered how many IPv6 capable CPE routers pass DCCP/SCTP)

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-