Re: Call for Review of draft-iab-smart-object-architecture-04.txt, "Architectural Considerations in Smart Object Networking"

2014-08-30 16:04:59

IAB Chair <iab-chair(_at_)iab(_dot_)org> wrote:
    > This is a call for review of "Architectural Considerations in Smart
    > Object Networking" prior to potential approval as an IAB stream RFC.

    > The document is available for inspection here:
    > https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iab-smart-object-architecture/

    > The Call for Review will last until 24 September 2014.  Please send
    > comments to iab(_at_)iab(_dot_)org.

I read it.

I found nothing surprising in it.  I also didn't find anything to disagree
with, but on the other hand, I am not sure I found anything specific that I
could disagree with.

I think it is a nice document, and details some useful network patterns,
so in that, it is very useful.   Are there any other patterns that we missed?
I can't think of any.  I did say that in the Device-to-Device pattern,
that there was some implicit assumption that the wireless network was a
single hop, and had no routers, and therefore devices/manufacturers have to
agree on a layer 1/2.   The ability to route is later mentioned in other
sections.

I would have liked better (cooler...) terms for sections 2.1/2.2./2.3/2.4,
but I don't have any to offer.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-