Re: draft discussion lists

2014-09-03 12:52:48

On Sep 3, 2014, at 11:08 PM, John C Klensin <john-ietf(_at_)jck(_dot_)com>
wrote:

Why are those rules apparently being ignored regularly with
absolutely no ill effects to the authors?

I can say what happens in my part of the world; I can’t make a general
statement.

In my part of the world, the naming guideline for a working group draft is used
by IETF tools, and as a result datatracker will or will not do various things
with a draft. If the name contains the name of my working group, the working
group will be notified to take a look at it, and my private tools will track
it. If people file drafts without it, the process becomes manual, and they’re
going to have to do that themselves and/or advise me to keep track of the draft.