Re: Hawaii Block - going, going, gone for Saturday

2014-09-03 16:28:23
On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 5:03 PM, Melinda Shore
<melinda(_dot_)shore(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
On 9/3/14 12:40 PM, Christopher Morrow wrote:
is it reasonable to hand-hold professional travelers in their path to
'get a hotel near where the conference is' ?

I would not assume that everybody who participates in an IETF meeting
is a "professional traveler" or even has access to the same set of
tools you do.  We have participants from heavily-firewalled countries,

the tools chosen ought to be generally available (aside from some
fairly restrictive localities)

developing countries, etc. as well as participants with varying levels
of comfort with English.  Some people may, in fact, need some help
finding alternative lodging.

:( you are making me cry.
(I note that yahoo's search isn't working well for this sort of thing,
so there's that of course)

-chris