Re: Consolidating BCP 10 (Operation of the NomCom)

2014-09-12 18:52:01
Jari.

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 3:49 PM, Jari Arkko
<jari(_dot_)arkko(_at_)piuha(_dot_)net> wrote:

Section 5.12 seems to have text that relates to pre-RFC5680 situation:

   The consultations are permitted to include names of nominees, if all
   parties to the consultation agree to observe the same confidentiality
   rules as the nominating committee itself.

Shouldn’t this be changed? Or am I missing something?

As I read this, "consultations" refers to meetings between a NomCom member
and a community member that might have comments about specific candidates,
not a list or short list of eligible candidates.  Unless I've misunderstood
RFC5680, there's been no change to the confidentiality of those
conversations, so that paragraph stands correct as-is.

What did you have in mind here?

-MSK