Consolidating BCP 10 (Operation of the NomCom)

2014-09-04 01:10:38
Colleagues,

As part of my work with NomCom '14, I'm preparing a revision of RFC3777
that incorporates all of the updates made to it subsequent to its
publication ten years ago.  This would roll all of the documents making up
the NomCom's definition and procedures into one place.

The draft is available here:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kucherawy-rfc3777bis/

It is at present nothing more than a republishing of RFC3777 verbatim, with
some slight organization adjustments that come along with conversion to
xml2rfc (RFC3777 was done in nroff), and all of the changes made by the
other documents that currently comprise BCP 10 have been incorporated.
There have been no other substantive content changes made.

My plan is to keep it that way for this go-around.  Then, if the community
would like to actually crack open the document and revisit some of the
content, that would be a second project (for which I would probably
volunteer to act as editor).

Comments welcome.

-MSK, hatless